Zack's life principles. Work in progress.
Heavily inspired by Sam Altman's How to be Successful.
- Seek outlier success.
- Focus is a force multiplier on work.
- Play your game. Shoot your shot.
- Have a healthy appetite for breaking the rules.
- You can bend the world to your will a surprising percentage of the time.
- With pain comes reflection; with reflection comes growth.
- Compounding is magic. Exponential curves are the key to wealth generation.
- Think long-term.
- Believe in yourself, almost to the point of delusion. Self-belief enables you to have contrarian ideas about the future. This is where most value gets created.
- Balance self-belief with self-awareness. Truth-seeking is hard and often painful; but it separates self-belief from self-delusion.
- Give yourself a lot of chances to get lucky — big risks with outsides rewards. Prioritize long-term gains. Keep life cheap and flexible. You will fall down. Grit comes from learning you can get back up after falling down. Understand the tradeoffs; know they will be worth it — eventually.
- Be hard to compete with. If what you can do can be done by someone else, it eventually will be, and for less money.